Yurrebilla 56km Ultra Marathon #3, 2013

#3

I ran my 3rd Yurrebilla 56km Ultra on Sunday and all went well.  My running buddy and I decided to take this Event on the quite side as we've got the Heysen 105 [km] coming up next month, which will be more way more of a Stamina test.

However, this year the flowing creeks at Horsnell's Gully and Morialta where just the thing to revive my tired leg muscles.  And although it was a warm 9 hour day, it was a great way to spend a day in the Adelaide Hills.

I manged a 5/13 for my gender age group which was exciting but sprinting the last 50meters over the finishing line was so much fun!  So looking forward to Yurrebilla, 2014.  

Catching up with friends before the start.
It's only minutes away now.
Running through Belair National Park.
5km's in and just warming up
Great witches at the 10km mark.
Still smiling at the 20.5km mark
About 33km in.
One of my favourite signs, "You have just complete Horsnell's Gully"
At the 50km mark.
Someone has a weird sense of "Little"

Running is so much Fun!

We did it.
Emma, my fab running partner.
Yep, it certainly is a long way!
At the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment